The Governors Island Explorer’s Guide is devoted to publishing news, features, and history stories about the Island in New York Harbor. A 144-page guidebook by Kevin C. Fitzpatrick is available now.
Fitzpatrick served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1984-1989. He was honorably discharged and served on the east and west coasts as a writer and photographer for USMC public affairs offices. Fitzpatrick is a graduate of Northeast Missouri State University with a BA in mass communications. He started his career in newspapers in Missouri, and this led him to New York.
He has written and edited six books:
* A Journey Into Dorothy Parker’s New York (2005)
* The Lost Algonquin Round Table (2009) co-editor with Nat Benchley
* Under the Table: A Dorothy Parker Cocktail Guide (2013)
* Dorothy Parker Complete Broadway, 1918-1923 (2014) editor
* The Algonquin Round Table New York: A Historical Guide (2015)
* The Governors Island Explorer’s Guide (2016)
Since 1999 Fitzpatrick has been leading walking tours of New York. He is a licensed NYC Sightseeing Guide. He conducts public and private walks throughout the year. Among them are:
* Secrets of Governors Island
* The Algonquin Round Table’s New York (midtown and Theatre District)
* Dorothy Parker’s Upper West Side
* Cypress Hills National Cemetery (Brooklyn)
* Babe Ruth Slept Here (Upper West Side)
For his work on his books and projects, he’s been reviewed in the New York Times, USA Today, National Geographic Traveller, the LA Times, Vogue online, and many others. He’s been a guest on BBC Radio and NPR.